Saturday, September 19, 2015
On the crafting part of my day
I have many projects in the works right now. I am making a scrap quilt using Inklingo. I am using their free set of shapes and it is going a little slower than I would like, but I am a novice quilter and these patches are rather small. I have only made two quilts so far. One using the rail fence pattern on pages 18 and 19 of "10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt" by Nancy Zieman. I gave it to a co-worker as a baby shower gift this past June.
I machine pieced and quilted it and it took just 2 weeks to complete. My second quilt used fabrics I purchased about 20 years ago. I had intended to make curtains for my eldest son's room with a Looney Tunes Tazmanian Devil print and a button up shirt for him out of some red Space Jam fabric. Sadly, I never got anywhere on these projects and the fabric sat and sulked in a basket all these years. I found a Kindle book on amazon.com called "Quilt As You Go Reimagined" by Sarah Raffuse and Marguerita McManus and decided to make the "Simply Charming" quilt as it used a large scale print for the center of about half of the blocks. The red Space Jam fabric was a large scale print, but I didn't have quite enough to make all the blocks. I substituted some of the Tazmanian Devil fabric for four of the blocks and placed them in each of the corners of the quilt. I used a plain red fabric around the squares and as the binding. The Taz fabric was mostly used as backing and in a few blocks. This one was much easier to quilt as I quilted each block separately and then joined them as instructed in the book. I gave this to my son, James, as a house warming gift, hoping it would make him feel less lonely in his new apartment more than four hours from home. I'll post the photo as soon as I lay my hands on it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment